21.11.11

palm springs

Here are some of my favourite shots from my trip to Palm Springs. 
The lobby of the Jonathan Adler designed Parker Palm Springs. My home for the week. The whole hotel was a step back in time. 
A series of secluded pathways connected the various buildings on the hotel property. The grounds were stunning. 
The views during my hike through the Indian Canyons were amazing. 
The Palm Springs Art Museum features contemporary and Native American art. This was one of my favourite stops.
When it came down to the food, I had lots of favourites including, breakfast at Norma's at the Parker, poolside cocktails and apps at the Viceroy hotel, chilaquiles (pictured above) at Cheeky's (I also had their "bacon flight", a sampling of four different kinds of bacon!), and the most perfect three-course breakfast at the historic Willows (above is just the main course, prior to this plate of cinnamon and fruit-studded warm bread pudding, custardy scrambled eggs and homemade chicken sausage, there was a warm pear and vanilla muffin, a parfait of sweet berries and freshly-squeezed orange juice). 
Not gonna lie, saying bye to my poolside view was tough. I didn't know much about the Palm Springs prior to arriving, but by the end of my trip, I was crushing hard on the city. From the mid-century modern architecture that blew my mind, to the laid-back vibe that I appreciated so much, I feel like Palm Springs is a bit of a gem. I'm currently trying to convince Joe that we should go back for modernism week!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the hotel! Lots of Calgarians head down to Palm Springs. Palm Springs is to AB what Tampa Bay is to ON.

    ReplyDelete